The Active NZ Survey examined the percentage of adults who had been members of the following types of club or centre in order to take part in a sport or recreation activity:
- sport or physical activity club;
- gym or fitness centre;
- social club/work team; and
- other type of club/centre.
Member of Any Club or Centre
During any month:
- 24.7 percent of adults were members of clubs or centres in order to take part in sport and recreation activities.
Member of a Specific Club or Centre Type9
|Sport/Physical activity club
|Social club/work team
|Other type of club
Among the different types of clubs and centres:
- 12.0 percent of adults were members of a sport/physical activity club in order to participate in sport and recreation activities.